Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Reflections

As I come to the final few days for the competition, I just wanted to jot down some things I've been thinking about this week. For me, this competition happened at the perfect time in my life. It's provided a huge distraction from Molly, which was really needed. It's helped me bring myself back to balanced(or at least get me mostly there). It's helped me get rid of all the baby/hospital weight quickly rather than taking two years to get off. It's been a great focus point when I'm tempted to give in to emotional eating.

I've loved pulling out the final bin of clothes this past week. I'm back to my 'normal' clothes. I don't know that I'll ever get back into my 'skinny' wardrobe as there is too much extra skin around my middle, but I'm willing to give up that goal at this point. I'm definitely going to use the money I've won here to work on my wardrobe. I might even get a new pair of shoes as mine are completely shot at this point.

There are still 5.5 weeks left of P90X and I'm excited to see what else changes. I went for an extra run today. Just a small one (2 miles), but it felt great and super easy. Cross training is really making a huge difference. I didn't have my familiar pain in my lower back or my hamstrings. That alone is pretty awesome to me.

On a down side, there was one aspect that I was bummed about in the competition. I really thought there would be more blogging and commenting on each other's blogs. I don't know if anyone from the competition has looked at any of my blogs in the last couple of months since no one has commented on anything. I'm really hoping that is because everyone is super focused on their own journey, and not from discouragement. I love to hear how everyone is doing and I am truly cheering for everyone in their quest for better health. I hope no one has given up, because you are MOST DEFINITELY worth it!!!!

It's weird to think that once again, a new phase is starting for me. I hope that I can maintain the discipline I've found the past four months. It's been fun, and crazy, and a great experience.

THANK YOU KARILYNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Yea! I can't wait to see what you look like now. Did you get down to your special goal weight for making more babies? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. W definitely need to get together soon. I've hit my prepregnancy weight but I think I have about three or four pounds to go still if there's a chance to get down to the same size. We'll see what happens....

    ReplyDelete
  3. No way! Good job!!! I just have to say, I know what you're talking about with the extra skin thing. Jenna ruined me.
    I think for Halloween we'll trick or treat in your neighborhood and say hi to you all. We'll probably be up there anyway to see Chris's family and what not.

    ReplyDelete