Saturday, July 9, 2011

Temptation and Frustration

I'm back. After a week long vacation to Breckenridge, CO, I can honestly say I did myself proud in one area-food. We went there for a family reunion. For my kids, it was the greatest thing on earth. For me, it was the worst fears of my therapist come true. I really have no desire to attend another reunion for my family ever again. I also learned that when I'm slapped with EXTREME emotional stress I completely stop eating. All together. I don't know if I consumed even one real meal for a three day period. Not good. On the upside, I didn't snack, graze, or gorge on junk food either.

It got bad enough that my family left a day early for the condo we were staying in a for a few days after the reunion. Luckily, we decided to bail because I discovered that our reservation had been lost somewhere. Fortunately, it all worked out and we were able to check in a day early. Once we were just our family again, I did have one break down after the kids went to bed and ate a HUGE bowl of ice cream. Other than that, I ordered all grilled chicken when we went out, never ate junk food OR drank soda, and made sure we did something active as a family every day.

Sleepwise, I feel like a zombie. The bitties did fairly well, but given my emotional state, I just couldn't sleep. I tried to drink a ton of water, but at 10,000 feet you really NEED to consume a ton just to keep your lips from splitting wide open.

Activity wise we played at a fun park, went hiking, canoeing, and walked almost everywhere instead of driving. I would definitely recommend it for anyone who loves to be outdoors. It was BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!! I tried to work on the deep breathing too, but didn't do it as much as I would have liked.

I'm trying to deal with my frustrations regarding the reunion in a good way. I'm starting a cleanse thing on Monday to help me with my sugar addiction. Ten days of no white sugar and some vitamin boosters. I don't know if I can do the diet as strictly as they recommend because of my issues, but I'm using it as much for an emotional cleanse as anything else. I'm curious to see if the probiotic with it will make any difference as well.

Can't wait to see what this month will bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment