Friday, July 22, 2011

Receiving

I just wanted to jot down some thoughts from my session this week. There weren't any specific suggestions this time. In fact, it was mostly me just venting my frustration at the world. He asked me how I've been sleeping and guess what? I haven't been sleeping well at all. Dang.

The main thing that stuck with me this time was that he admonished me to work on the act of receiving. As in truly receiving help. Not trying to keep a ledger in my head and constantly work on making things even when someone helps with whatever. But truly just saying thank you and knowing that one day it will be my turn to pay it forward.

At first I thought he was a little loony because that's one thing I feel like I've worked really hard on the past 8 months. I told him that I totally accept help when someone mentions something specific. But then he pointed out that I'm probably trying to do something for them in return while they're helping me. When I thought about it, he was right. DANG!

He also asked about taking time out for myself, my sanity time. Yeah, it still doesn't happen. I mean, I am starting to exercise regularly again, which is HUGE; but it still revolves around children and naptimes. I'm starting to wonder if I'll ever feel like there's actually time for ME and what I WANT versus just surviving with what I NEED. Maybe 10 years down the road when all the kids are in school...

Another thing Paul point out was that my lovely "vacation" is going to take some time to really get over. Thinking about it, it makes sense why I've felt so drained since we got back. Hopefully I'm finally processing things and moving on in a good way.

Overall, things are good. I'm loving having a husband that gets to come home during the summer. I'm loving the time we spend each night just horsing around in our yard(that I finally love). I'm loving getting back into a groove again with exercise-today I ran the entire 5k. Hopefully I'll get it back under 30 minutes next time. I'm loving that my normal clothes are starting to fit again. Today Molly tried food (rice cereal) for the first time, and LOVED it. Hopefully her intestines feel the same way.

What are some things you are loving about your life right now???? If this competition is all about getting healthy, I think finding the things we love about our life can only help, right??

1 comment:

  1. I knew it! I have been thinking about you and how you need some "YOU" time. So, please let me watch your kiddos so you can go shopping or go for a drive or go swimming at the pool ALL BY YOURSELF! I'm serious. I totally have time next week. Monday we're coming over for lunch, which I want to provide, so maybe afterwards you could just slip away and not come back for like two or three hours. Seriously! You think about it and we'll chat on Monday. Oh and if Monday doesn't work, I can also do Wednesday and/or Friday. You read that right. If you need a little "you" time on both days, let me know! You're great! :)

    ReplyDelete