Thursday, July 21, 2011

Day 11

So, I finished the cleanse thing yesterday. I discovered several things in doing it.

1. I still cannot handle raw fruits and veggies. Very bad reaction.
2. I CAN handle fiber. After a reaction the first day, I was able to handle it the other days. Very good to know.
3. Whole grains don't make me as sick as they used to....as long as I don't have too much in one day.
4. I CAN survive only eating one or two cinnamon bears a day. I couldn't handle no sugar at all(I think that was a more a function of the timing), but it was definitely much more limited than before.

This morning I weighed myself and redid my measurements. Since I don't have a digital scale, weight is an estimate. It looks like I lost about 5 pounds. Here are my measurements:

neck- 12 3/4"
chest- 37 1/2"
R arm- 12"
L arm- 12"
waist- 32 1/4"
hip- 37 3/4"
r leg- 22 1/4"
l leg- 22 1/4"

I lost a total of 7 inches. Overall, I think I'll consider it a success. It showed me that I really need to buckle down and figure out a way to start cooking again. It also emphasized to me that I don't eat very well during the middle of the day. Lunch is my nemesis. I really need to work on actually eating lunch, and eating better, less processed food for lunch. Breakfast and dinner I do ok, but lunch just doesn't really happen with all the kids needs.

I'm really curious to see if I can keep up the no sugar thing. I did cheat a little bit, but was really proud of my self control. I skipped out on cake for three birthdays, dessert for family dinners, and a smoothie/cookie social for the neighborhood last night. While I admit to being a little sad, I'm impressed that I said no and didn't cave. I tried to focus on talking to more people instead.

Even though summertime is a really hard time to do this competition, it's been my anchor so far. Thanks Karilynn!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment