Monday, November 14, 2011

Updates

Life is trucking along. Adam and I actually went on an over night trip to Park City last weekend. It was great. I had a minor anxiety attack that night, but worked through it and by the next morning I realized my mind made no sense at all. Things are staying busy and not nearly as anxiety ridden as I was afraid it would be this month. Something I am extremely thankful for and hope it continues for the next couple of months.

Last week in my session with Paul we talked about little man for a while. He's been driving me CRAZY with his attitude lately. Paul's suggestion was a great one-have dad do an intervention. Instead of always getting on his case for what he's doing wrong, have dad sit down and talk about something they can do together or some prize he can earn if he starts listening to me better and showing more respect. So simple, yet never would have occurred to me in a million years. I heart therapy sometimes.

One setback is with Molly lately. Her eyes have started going cross. I noticed it for the first time right before meeting with her speech therapist, then the therapist pointed it out first thing during our appointment. That was with her left eye. Then last week her right eye started acting like it's got a mind of it's own for two days. I made an appointment with the opthalmologist, but couldn't get in until the end of December.

After posting on the short gut support group to see if anyone else had experienced this, I realized that it might not be genetics at play. It could be tied to her brain damage. Once I realized that I called and left a message for the doctor to see if they felt it was urgent enough to get Molly in sooner. Unfortunately, it is urgent enough. I got the call this morning that Dr. Larsen wants to see her this week. So tomorrow morning it's off we go to figure out if it's genetics at work and we'll just do glasses for now, or if it's a sign of something more serious and we need to get the imaging done and meet with a neurologist.

I'm crossing all my fingers and toes it's the first one.

No comments:

Post a Comment