Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Halloween

wow. I've lost all control around sugar. I think I've survived off of sugar cookies for about a week now. Not good. Funny thing, all the candy doesn't really tempt me. There's just something about a sugar cookie with frosting and candy corn on it that I can't say no to.

Halloween ended up being a crazy day. We woke up that morning to little man with croup, and big baby taking off her diaper before her morning pee and poo business. It was great...NOT. I spent the entire day sanitizing and cleaning. We got little man his steroid shot and banned him to his bedroom so nothing would be shared with either baby.

When it was time to get everyone ready, big baby found some candy corn in a bag and promptly ate all of them. Apparently some fell on the floor because a little while later I noticed Molly had something in her mouth. Turned out to be a piece of candy corn. Since she's never been exposed to sugar and I wasn't sure what her reaction would be, I changed our plans for the 10th time and just stayed home with her while Adam took to big kids to a chili/trunk or treat party at his parents' house.

LUCKILY, Molly's reaction was no where near as bad as I feared. Some bad burps, the worst smelling gas ever, and diarrhea the next morning!!!!!! I'm getting so much braver to experiment with food with her after that 'incident'.

I spent the night giving out candy and playing with Molly. When the big kids got home, the girls went out with some friends because they wanted more loot. And boy did they get it.

So overall, it was a HAPPY HALLOWEEN!! What did anyone else do?

No comments:

Post a Comment