Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The First Step

Ok. I'm taking the plunge. Here's my little bloggity blog for the weight loss competition. In the name of full disclosure, I'm doing this competition not so much about the weight loss, but more about finding myself again. The past year of my life has really thrown me for a loop. Anything having to do with my own personal needs or wants have been very much on the backburner. This is rightfully so, and I don't begrudge any of it. In fact, I really don't care that I gained the weight I did....to a point. I gained this weight so that I could provide life for my baby. I'm quite proud of the fact that I was able to do it (this is the first time out of five kids it's worked). Unfortunately, the only way to keep my milk in was to REALLY overeat. That fact, combined with the levels of stress and anxiety for my baby (that's a different post), has created a LOT of really bad habits.

This month marks the next phase for my family. I am quitting pumping in a few weeks. I am starting to see a therapist next week to learn how to cope better. And I can finally start focusing on better eating and losing weight again. I'm hoping the competition will bring out the competitor in me to focus on getting this extra weight off. I'm tired of literally having nothing to wear except sweats and pjs.

Anywho, that's me in a nutshell right now.

Game On!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Mandy! We need to get together so I can meet the newest little one. I am thrilled you are doing this for you! Now.. send me pictures! ;)

    ReplyDelete